We have monthly antique auction sales at Kidson-Trigg. These are held on Tuesdays/Wednesdays. Every month our auction sales offer lots across the board – we have both a general saleroom and an antique saleroom, and we hold sections each month in both salerooms for Ceramics, Glass, Silver, Jewellery, Gold, Clocks, Mirrors, Lighting, large and small Collectables, Objets d’art, Paintings, Books, Rugs, curtains, home furnishings, and Contemporary, General and Antique Furniture. We also have specific specialist sections and sales throughout the year for Silver, Jewellery, Sporting, Militaria, Oriental, Toys and Garden sales. (see our Auction Calendar for the full listings).
Every single lot is photographed and can be viewed and bid for online on our website or via www.the-saleroom.com/kidsontrigg
QUICK OVERVIEW TO BUYING, PAYING AND COLLECTING:
There are FOUR different methods of bidding:
1. In person in the room, with a pre-registered bidding number from the front desk
4. Online bidding via www.the-saleroom.com/kidsontrigg
Purchasers are deemed to have satisfied themselves by inspection prior to the sale as to the quality, condition and description of each lot which is sold with all faults and imperfections as seen.
PAYMENT IS REQUIRED IMMEDIATLEY AND WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS
BACS inter bank transfer. Lloyds Bank TSB, Old Town Swindon, Wiltshire.
Sort Code: 30 98 41
IBAN GB78 LOYD 30984104910916
PLEASE NOTE: PURCHASERS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL BANK CHARGES FOR INTERNATIONAL PAYMENTS
LATE PAYMENT CHARGES - A £20 HANDLING FEE WILL BE ADDED TO ALL INVOICES, IF PAYMENT HAS NOT BEEN RECEIVED WITHIN A WEEK OF THE SALE.
STORAGE CHARGES – ALL GOODS CLEARED WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS - free; then £5 per lot per day thereafter unless you phone us
POSTAGE & PACKING - email firstname.lastname@example.org or Alban Shipping 1582 493 099 email@example.com OR Mailboxes, Swindon 01793 525 009 firstname.lastname@example.org OR JCW services Steve Caldwell 07909 813 070
Complete and e-mail absentee bid form. All absentee bids have to be approved by the auctioneer the day prior to auction. We require your credit or debit card details to register your absentee bid, so we can take payment directly after the sale (you can also make a prior arrangement with the auctioneer to pay cash or cheque – but we still require valid card details to register your bid anyway). Your card details are required as security for your bids.
If you are unable to attend the sale please leave an absentee bid on the Commission bidding form. You will need to sign the disclaimer for unviewed items and provide us with identification.
Complete and e-mail telephone bid form. The Auctioneers will accept TELEPHONE BIDS at their discretion. Please telephone the office by 4 pm on the day before the sale. to make arrangements (No telephone bids will be booked after this time) identification will be required as above.
Image Request & Condition Reports We are happy to provide digital images by email and send condition reports (except morning of sale).
Unfortunately due to our very busy schedule with the auctions, we must have goods cleared to enable us to consign and layout for the next sale. Therefore we must have all goods cleared within 3 working days. Unless prior arrangement is made with the auction office, we will make a handling and storage charge of £5 per lot per day.
If you are buying at Kidon-Trigg, you are signing up to the following Conditions of Sale:
(all buyers sign up to these conditions and must read them prior to bidding)
- Purchasers must bid by number and register before bidding. Persons unknown must provide identification either driving licence or passport, together with a copy of current utility bill. Bidders must inform the Auctioneers if they are bidding for a third party.
- A BUYERS PREMIUM OF 19% + vat will be charged on the hammer price. (BUYING ON THE INTERNET HAS AN EXTRA 3% +VAT CHARGE)
- All persons attending the sale do so at their own risk and neither the Auctioneers, nor the vendors shall be responsible for any loss, accident, and injury to persons or property, howsoever caused
- In as much as the Auctioneers act as agents for a disclosed principal they shall not be considered personally responsible for any default on the part of the Purchaser or Vendor and the remedy shall be against them only and not against the Auctioneers.
- PAYMENTbecomes due on the fall of the hammer. The following methods of payment will facilitate the immediate release of purchases - we prefer payment by BACS (bank details below)
- a. Cash up to £5000
- b. Cheque together with a cheque guarantee card
- c. BACS inter bank transfer. Lloyds Bank TSB, Old Town Swindon, Wiltshire. Sort Code: 30 98 41 Account No.04910916 IBAN No. GB 09 LOYD 3098 4104 8871 32BIC LOYDGB21106
- d. Credit cards (up to £500) (2.5 % surcharge). Absentee credit card payments may not be accepted - Please check with the auctioneer.
- e. Debit cards (no surcharge). Absentee card payments may not be accepted, Please check with the auctioneer PURCHASERS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL BANK CHARGES FOR INTERNATIONAL PAYMENTS
- Buyers shall at their own risk and expense take away any lots that they have purchased and paid for not later than 2 working days following the day of the auction, after which they shall be responsible for any removal, storage and insurance charges. Goods can be retained by the auctioneer’s pending cheque clearance.
- No items will be removed without an Auctioneers receipt which will be checked on exit. Please make arrangements with the Auctioneers if you cannot collect goods purchased prior to 5pm on the Friday following the sale. Goods remaining on the premises are entirely at the risk of the purchaser. and if not collected within 2 weeks will be subject to a storage charge. all goods cleared within 3 working days. Unless prior arrangement is made with the auction office, we will make a handling and storage charge of £5 per lot per day.
- Whilst goods are the responsibility of the purchaser on the fall of the hammer, title does not pass and is reserved by the vendor until the auctioneers have received payment either in cash or cleared funds.
- Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the description of each lot and whether made in the catalogue or orally are expressions of an opinion and not representation of fact. No employee of the Auctioneers has any authority to make any representation of fact and the Auctioneers disclaim on behalf of the Vendor and themselves responsibility for their opinion of age, authenticity, condition and provenance of any lot and under no circumstances will a sale be rescinded based on “differing opinion” claimed by the purchaser.
- Purchasers are deemed to have satisfied themselves by inspection prior to the sale as to the quality, condition and description of each lot which is sold with all faults and imperfections as seen. Purchasers should be aware that the Auctioneers do not normally state any damage or restoration because such implies that all other items are perfect. Notwithstanding this condition, if a Purchaser claims any items to be a deliberate forgery or other such reason, any claim must be made within 5 days of the Sale, after which time the Auctioneers will not entertain any claim.
- The bidding is to be regulated by the Auctioneer, the highest bidder shall be the purchaser. If any dispute should arise between two or more bidders, the lot in dispute will be immediately put up again and resold. The Auctioneer will settle any dispute, of whatever nature either during or after the sale, whose decision will be final and binding upon all parties.
- Where items are subject to a reserve price, the auctioneer reserves the right to bid on behalf of the vendor up to the reserve price and in such cases the vendor may not also bid.
- REMEDIES FOR NON PAYMENT or failure to collect purchases If any lot is not paid for in full and taken away in accordance with these Conditions, or if there is any other breach of these Conditions, Kidson-Trigg as an agent for the seller shall at its absolute discretion and without prejudice to any other rights it may have, be entitled to exercise all or any of the following rights and remedies: to proceed against the buyer for damages for breach of contract; to rescind the sale of that lot and/or any other lots sold by Kidson-Trigg to the defaulting buyer; to re sell the lot (by auction or private treaty) in which case the defaulting buyer shall be responsible for any resulting deficiency in the total amount due(after crediting any part payment and adding any resale costs). Any surplus so arising shall belong to the seller; to remove, store and insure the lot at the expense of the defaulting buyer and, in the case of storage, either at Kidson-Trigg premises or elsewhere; to charge interest at a rate not exceeding 1.5% per month on the total amount due to the extent it remains unpaid for more than 2 working days after the sale; to retain that or any other lot sold to the defaulting buyer until that buyer pays the total amount due; • to reject or ignore bids from the defaulting buyer at future auctions or to impose conditions before any such bids shall be accepted; • to apply any proceeds of sale of other lots due or in future becoming due to the defaulting buyer towards the settlement of the total amount due and to exercise a lien on any of the buyer’s property in Kidson-Trigg possession's for any purposes.
- RELEASE OF GOODS.Goods will not be released until full cleared payment has been receivedGoods will only be handed over on sight of a paid invoice. If a paid invoice is not produced, written authority from the purchaser and confirmation of all funds cleared for payment of the accounts, will be required before release When goods are collected by a non recognised courier, photo identification will be required a copy of which will be taken along with a note of the registration of the vehicle used
The entire sale is conducted under the auctioneers margin scheme where VAT on the buyers premium is not reclaimable.